Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2000 00:29:49 -0700
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Dejan Sinoe <z.noe@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can I ask u something?

On Fri, Sep 19, 2036 at 06:25:56AM -0600, Dejan Sinoe wrote:
> Dear BSD...
>
> How to compile LANCard drivers that i got from internet download into the
> kernel?

Where did you get these drivers? For what hardware?

> And how to use the dial-Up mode?

See the PPP primer,

  http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/index.html

> explain me whether it attach with the KDE or Samba.

Both KDE and Samba run in userspace. The kernel handles the device
drivers. KDE and Samba don't interact with the interface devices
directly but at a higher level of abstraction, like TCP and UDP.

> Actually i already try to run the samba, but it didn't work properly,
> especially when i execute 'testparm', i guess it due to the undetected kernel
> parts, such as ed (ethernet devices). am i right? tell me if i'm wrong about
> this.

Probably has nothing to do with an interface card. Do you have a card
that uses the ed(4) device? How did you build Samba? From the ports?
--
Crist J. Clark                           cjclark@alum.mit.com