Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:30:32 -0600
From:      "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
To:        "Tang Ho Yim" <hoyimtang@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question about upgrade

On 3/5/06, Tang Ho Yim <hoyimtang@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   From the beginning, I just install the base distribution of FreeBSD 5.4=
, no other package like man, games, compat4x.....

>   After make buildworld & installworld to Release 5.4 p12, it seems all o=
f the world will be installed.....( if I have a mistake, please tell me ! )

>   So, how can I upgrade the machine with just the distribution I installe=
d before ?

These can all be tuned via /etc/make.conf (look at
/usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf or man 5 make.conf).
For instsance, if you don't want kerberos you would put
NO_KERBEROS=3D
in your /etc/make.conf and the same for games, cvs, gpib, et al.