Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 1996 09:57:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bryan Ogawa at Work <bogawa@netvoyage.net>
To:        "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Hysterical Raisons

On Sat, 17 Feb 1996, Jake Hamby wrote:

[...]

> >zmodem is certainly the only one of this kind.  There should also be a
> >port of the older, freeware zmodem.  Just like it has been done for
> >ghostscript: you can select between the freeware version 2, and the
> >shareware version 3.

The PD zmodem I have (Apr 87, I believe), compiles out of the box for
BSD.  I also have the lsz/lrz Linux one (updated in some way, requires a
few makefile changes), although it doesn't seem to work as well.  The
third version I have is a reimplimentation which doesn't work with unixes
in general, but includes a rewrite of the zmodem spec which is pretty
clear.

If anyone is interested in these, email me at <bkogawa@netvoyage.net> (my
personal account) and I'll provide them.

If anyone has a more recent PD zmodem (e.g. Apr 88, which I've heard is
the last one) I'd appreciate that, too.

bryan

> Actually, both versions of Ghostscript are free, it's just that version 2 uses the GNU copyright, and version 3 uses Aladdin's copyright.
>
> ---Jake

Bryan K. Ogawa
Questions or Problems with NetVoyage?  help@netvoyage.net
Check out the NetVoyage HelpWeb at..   <URL: http://www.netvoyage.net/~help/>;