Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:19:01 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Igor Sysoev <is@rambler-co.ru>
To:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
Subject:   kqueue EV_POLL proposal

Some time ago I sent kqueue EV_POLL proposal without any response:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=441254+0+archive/2002/freebsd-arch/20020317.freebsd-arch

Now it seems that Jonathan Lemon have some time to look maillists
so I repeat this proposal with one addition. Previous patch enables
EV_POLL as action:
  EV_SET(socket, EV_READ, EV_POLL)

and it's available as
http://www.sysoev.ru/freebsd/patch.ev_poll.action.txt

New patch enables EV_POLL as flag (like EV_ONESHOT and EV_CLEAR):
  EV_SET(socket, EV_READ, EV_ADD|EV_POLL)

and it's available as
http://www.sysoev.ru/freebsd/patch.ev_poll.flag.txt

These patches were made on FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE.

Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru