Date:      Sat, 6 May 2000 19:17:42 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.8 gone for good?

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 08:30:20PM +0300, A G F Keahan wrote:
> First of all, I would like to thank Jim, Dave, Chad, Michael, Will and
> other people who have replied offering help.   Fortunately, it turns out
> that the Taiwanese and Japanese mirrors
> (ftp://ftp.tw.freebsd.org/pub/i386 and ftp://daemon.jp.freebsd.org)
> still hold copies of 2.2.8-RELEASE.    I find it very strange that the
> main FTP site (ftp.freebsd.org) doesn't, not even in some Attic
> directory.
>
> Thank you once again,
>
> Alex Keahan
hi!

Maybe I am late for this already, in this case sorry. But I just checked and
there is a much closer copy (geographically) that you can get.

At: ftp://ftp7.de.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/2.2.8-RELEASE

thanks to the TU Clausthal.

Also, just for the archives, there is a RELEASE/SNAP finder which can help
quickly in such situations or similar ones because it is updated
daily. (Also has cvsup and ctm info)

The URL is:

http://www.itworks.com.au/~gavin/FBSDsites.php3

Good luck!