Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:05:13 +0100
From:      Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dynamic linking change in 4.7

can anyone tellme if there were any changes made to the compiler chain
with regards to dynamic linking and loading between 4.6 and 4.7 ?

I am using GNUstep and have been unable to load dynamic bundles since
the upgrdae to 4.7 - or rather it worked fine until I recompiled the
code under 4.7 att which point it failed. I have tried this on a new
machine as well to make sure its not some odd combination of libraries.

I havent tracked it down much father than "it coredums" currently, but I
was wondering if anyone who knew the compilers a bit better might be able to
make any general comments ?

thanks,

-pcf.