Date:      Thu, 05 Sep 1996 13:43:46 +0200
From:      Bjoern Linderson <ghost@nrkp.stadab.se>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP server for FreeBSD and dynamic IP setup..

I'm having trouble to setup my PPP server on the FreeBSD system.

I want it to work as a server, with a fixed adress (194.16.30.32)
on all TUN-ports on the system, and with floating adresses on
the client side.

I have a number of adresses (194.16.32.192 - 194.16.30.254) for this.

What i want to do:

I want the server to TELL the client what IP adress to use,
and if i have a muliport setup, i want it to get the first currently
unused ip adress from that pool, and assign it to the client.

The user should login on their account, and from there start the PPP
connection (ppp -direct)

How do i do that?
PLEASE help me out! I'm stuck!

(i'm not really a beginner at this - so you dont have to be
really basic about things..)

Best regards, Bjoern Linderson,

Email: ghost@nrkp.stadab.se