Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:52:08 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        luke@roberts.nl (Luke Roberts)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems upgrading 0.81 to 0.82 on FreeBSD 3.2 release

From the keyboard of Luke Roberts:

> Unfortunatly the problem occurs when I want to start i4b. sppcontrol keeps
> telling me my script is giving it invalid arguements:
>
> sppcontrol: SIOCGIFGENERIC(SPPPIODEFS): Invalid arguement
> sppcontrol: SIOCGIFGENERIC(SPPPIODEFS): Invalid arguement
> sppcontrol: SIOCGIFGENERIC(SPPPIODEFS): Invalid arguement
>
> The sppcontrol commands given in the script are:
>
> sppcontrol isp0 myauthproto=pap
> sppcontrol isp0 myauthname=xxxxxxx
> sppcontrol isp0 myauthsecret=xxxxxx
>
> Has anybody got an idea what has gone wrong?

No, not yet.

> ALso reinstalling i4b 0.81 won't work when I overuninstall and all the
> other commands, when it comes to building the kernel with make (after make
> depend) I get the system message that the kernel is up to date. So I can't
> recompile the kernel with i4b 0.81

To recompile a kernel in that situation you have to either go to your kernel
config directory and do a "config -r <YOURKERNEL>" and then make a fresh
kernel or go to your kernel compile directory and do a "rm *i4b*.o *sppp*.o"
and then make a fresh kernel.

The reason for this behaviour is, that the 0.82 object files are much more
recent than the 0.81 source files, so make sees no reason to recompile them.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77