Date:      Tue, 06 Apr 1999 05:02:50 -0600
From:      Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
To:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fatherless figures

Gregory Sutter wrote:

> I just moved from Pennsylvania, USA (near Atlantic) to California, USA
> (near Pacific).  I've also gone from having my surname misspelt (Futter,
> Suter, Sutler, etc), mispronounced (Soo-ter, most commonly) and
> generally bent out of shape... to having a surfeit of Sutter.

When I was in Hollywood, the question was always "Are you related to
Oscar?" and I'm not.

My family is German, not English, and it's "Will-dee" from old G
"Vil-deh", meaning "of the wilderness" (North Woods), but when in
Hollywood you don't correct the Producers, so I gave up and used "Don
Wilde" ("Wild") as a "stage name".

In the East, I also got a dozen different mispronunciations. In
California, EVERYBODY knew my name was "Wild"... such is life... :-)

--
Don Wilde                 "Bringing the Internet to everyone!"
Wilde Media