Date:      Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:40:57 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        racerx@makeworld.com
Cc:        FreeBSD - Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HP LJ 1100 setup

Chris wrote:

>Chuck Robey wrote:
>

>>On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Chris wrote:
>>

>>>Any ideas on how to setup an HPLJ 1100 using either cups or lpd?
>>>

>>Try Andreas' GREAT printer port, print/apsfilter, which is one of hte best
>>things in ports.  How come it's so completly unknown?
>>
>>Heck, he even has a web site for it, www.apsfilter.org.  Really, it's THAT
>>good!
>>

>Naaa - not with this one it don't. Nuffin but blank pages on every setup
>I try.

Well, there's a reason.  You do have to read some docs*.  What's the
log say?  I tend to agree that apsfilter is PDG, for most values of P, D,
and G="Good"....

Kevin Kinsey

*I'm not necessarily implying that you didn't, but maybe you didn't
read it all, or the right one, or misread something ... IIRC I skipped
over something pretty important first try, also....