Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:33:20 -0600
From:      lanehol@bellsouth.net
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   My mouse

I have this problem with X ... when I start my computer I have to log in as
root and use sysinstall to start my mouse.

I have moused configured (in rc.conf) and the mouse is initially visible
upon boot, but startx fails with "Cannot open mouse" until I restart it
using sysinstall ... I'm sure there must be a shorter way to start it, but
issuing moused from the command line doesn't work.

Is there a sure-fire way to make the mouse available without using
sysinstall?

thanks