Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 12:16:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dima@best.net (Dima Ruban)
To:        insane@oneinsane.net
Cc:        dima@best.net, axl@iafrica.com, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSH port

Ron 'The Insane One' Rosson writes:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 1998 at 11:46:40AM -0700, Dima Ruban wrote:
> > Grrr, I just went through the license. Sucks.
> > Btw, I was under impression that 1.26 has a fix for the insertion attack...
>
> If you find the fix for the assertion let me know.. I would like to get this
> one headache cleared up. I love my ssh. <what is telnet ?? ;-)>

Well, from ChangeLog of 1.2.26 version:

Tue Jul  7 22:38:41 1998  Tero Kivinen  <kivinen@ssh.fi>
	[skipped]
	* Updated deattack code to new version (fixes some bug in
        check_crc function. New code from CORE SDI S.A., Buenos Aires,
        Argentina.

Thu Jun 11 01:05:28 1998  Tero Kivinen  <kivinen@ssh.fi>
	[skipped]
        * Added crc-fix detection code from CORE SDI S.A., Buenos Aires,
        Argentina. See their security announcement for more information.

Or are you talking about something else?

-- dima