Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:39:26 -0700 (MST)
From:      Ivan Fetch <ivanfetch@technologist.com>
To:        Rene Scott <rene@tp98.catv.szabinet.hu>
Cc:        Ivan Fetch <ivanfetch@technologist.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Plug and Play MODEM

Hi,

> if it's a winmodem, then throw it away and buy a _real_ modem.
> Check out http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

   This MODEM is not a winmodem and works under Linux with the isapnp
tools.  We want FreeBSD on this machine instead, but need a MODEM to
provide an Internet connection to the rest of the small office.
   So, what do I need to do in order to get this MODEM to work?  Do I need
to add something to the kernel?  What pnp line (at the kernel config
menu) do I need to issue for the MODEM (which has always been on
"com4" under Linux).

Thank you very much for your reply - Ivan.