Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:41:09 +0300
From:      Yousef Raffah <yraffah@savola.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stray irq7's

--------------enig9EF929B1AC2CF6A1FD5E1565

Douglas W. Goodall wrote:
> I looked closely at the source code i386/intr_machdep.c and I can see
> that the interrupt routine deals properly with the Default IR7. The
> only trouble is, the code considers the stray Ir7 a condition worth
> informing the user about and logging.
>
> IMHO, it would be better to just take care of it quietly. It isn't an
>  important event and isn't worthy of bothering the root user. I
> commented out the logging code and everything works fine.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look into the code and trying
to fix that. I really appreciate you explaining the cause of the problem
and how to fix it. If you don't mind, can you please share with us how
to fix it so that other people might benefit from your solution as well?

--=20

Sincerely,

Yousef Adnan Raffah
The Savola Group