Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:49:33 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'root@vetex.dhis.org'" <root@vetex.dhis.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: aliasing and freetel

Right-o.  They can't connect to you because there is no way initiate a
connection directly to you machine.  If you initiate the connection the bsd
machine knows what to do with the packets at that point.

You have a couple potential choices (I don't know freetel that well).  If
freetel uses static port numbers, and doesn't just randomly assign them.
You can have ppp re-route all packets on that port to your machine inside
the network...

Or, if freetel supports socks, you can setup a socks 5 server (in the ports)
and have that handle all requests.  (This is a good idea if you run icq
also).

-Chris