Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:21:39 EDT
From:      "John Daniels" <jmd526@hotmail.com>
To:        dirk@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   mod_php and PostgreSQL7

Hi:

PostgreSQL 7.0.0 was released in May and a postgresql7 port was made soon
after.  (The port was recently updated to v7.0.2)  The full path of the port
is:
    /usr/port/databases/postgresql7

PostgreSQL v7.x is very stable and a great improvement on v6.5.3.  Any new
user will certainly want to use v7.x.

I recently tried to install Scot Hetzel's mod_apache port but after some
difficulty, I was informed by Scot that mod_php4 does not support
postgresql7.

Can you tell me if you are working on postgresql7 support and/or when
mod_php4 will support postgresql7?

John