Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 17:33:37 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        perry@piermont.com, hackers@freebsd.org, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to name fs specific programs

I think this whole thread misses a much more important and vital
point:

	Is the substance of the discussion such that many thousands of
	people would also like to read it, or is it really nothing more
	than a couple of people sounding off in front of an audience,
	in dire need of a clue as to when it's time to shut up and get
	off the stage?

For an increasing amount of traffic in -hackers lately (and I daresay
port-i386), it's the latter scenario in full effect and I, for one, am
getting increasingly tired of this kind of blather in my mailbox.  If
I wanted to listen to a bunch of boring people attempting to bore one
another to death with a lot of excrutiating detail about their latest
personal crusade into the realm of Trivial Minutae then I'd join the
Anal Retentives Club and spend my weekends spotting trains or writing
angry letters to various editors about all the spelling errors I found
in their publications.

Enough!  This is not in the public interest, so take it to private
email.  [And I may not be the world's formost judge of what the
"public interest" is, but I do know that when it gets to the bickering
stage, you're far from it].

					Jordan