Date:      Thu, 17 May 2001 13:24:03 -0700
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        art@pilikia.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail AUTH

art> dnl set SASL options
art> TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5')dnl
art> define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5')dnl
art> define(`confDEF_AUTH_INFO', `/etc/mail/auth-info')dnl

art> What gives?  Obviously I'm missing some piece of the puzzle.  Does someone
art> else who's been through this excersize before know what's going on?

At first glance, I would guess you haven't configured SASL itself.  Did you
create /usr/local/lib/sasl/Sendmail.conf?  Did you create accounts with
saslpasswd?  If you've done both of those and it still doesn't work, check
the safety of the files (is the sasldb password file world readable?).

`sendmail -d44.4 -bs` might give you a clue.  More debugging help is at:

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/auth.html