Date:      Sat, 5 Dec 2009 15:19:06 +0100
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   vmstat and iostat us/sy/id numbers wrong?

I'm confused about the numbers shown in the last three columns in both =
vmstat and iostat. They should reflect percent of CPU time spent on user =
processes, system threads, and the idle thread (or something like that).

On multiple machines running 8-stable from the last couple of days, the =
numbers do not agree with actual system usage and with numbers shown by =
top, at all.  I'm seeing 7 7 87 on one box, 0 0 100 on another, and 10 3 =
87 on a third.  The numbers stay the same even under different loads.

Am I misunderstanding what those numbers should represent?

Stefan

--=20
Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811