Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:10:59 -0500
From:      James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
To:        Ron Rosson <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mainatain a Local CVSUP Server

Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson wrote:

> Times are a changing for me......
>
> I just have been tasked with what are the requirements to maintain a
> local cvsup server for our personal use. Is there a guide/link/? to show
> one how to go about this.

I think I followed the man page and looked in the cvs source tree, but
this what I have and more importantly it WORKS (hehehehe)

The default base dir is /usr/local/etc/cvsupd

housley@cat:/usr/local/etc/cvsup {3} ll -R
total 2
-rw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel   49 May 13  1999 cvsupd.access
drwxrwxr-x  3 root  wheel  512 Oct 26  1998 sup/

./sup:
total 1
drwxrwxr-x  2 root  wheel  512 Oct 26  1998 MONITORS_CVS/

./sup/MONITORS_CVS:
total 2
-rw-rw-r--  1 housley  develop  147 Nov 17 21:10 list.cvs
-rw-rw-r--  1 housley  develop  424 Nov 17 21:11 releases

housley@cat:/usr/local/etc/cvsup {4} cat cvsupd.access
+someone.com 1
+192.168.0.0/16 3

This is the list of hosts and how many session they may have active.

housley@cat:.../etc/cvsup/sup/MONITORS_CVS {9} cat list.cvs
upgrade monitors
upgrade NotePage
upgrade healthd
omitany RTEMS/*
omitany */#cvs.*
omitany CVSROOT/*
omitany WATCOM/*
omitany */,*
omitany */.nfs*
housley@cat:.../etc/cvsup/sup/MONITORS_CVS {10} cat releases
cvs             list=list.cvs prefix=/usr/home/MONITORS_CVS
keywordprefix=/home/ncvs norsync
monitors        list=list.cvs prefix=/usr/home/MONITORS_CVS
keywordprefix=/home/ncvs norsync
NotePage        list=list.cvs prefix=/usr/home/MONITORS_CVS
keywordprefix=/home/ncvs norsync
healthd         list=list.cvs prefix=/usr/home/MONITORS_CVS
keywordprefix=/home/ncvs norsync
RTEMS           list=list.cvs prefix=/usr/home/MONITORS_CVS
keywordprefix=/home/ncvs norsync

Then on the client end I modified an existing FreeBSD cvsup file to
match the local server config.

Jim
--
The wise man built his network upon U*nx.
    The foolish man built his network upon Windows.