Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:59:46 +1300
From:      Kit <kit@hypostasis.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xterm,ssh and $PATH

Hi
I have a feeling that this may well be a question with an obvious answer.
I am running 3.3 STABLE and Xfree86 3.3.5 (on three machines)
I have just tried setting up ssh to forward for forwarding an xterm.
However in the xterm I get my PATH set to
/home/kit/bin:/bin/:usr/local/bin:/usr/localbin
(The doubling of usr/localbin leads me to think that it might be being
set in more than one place.)
This is not the same as the .profile or .login paths and I can't find
where it is set.

Where would it be likely to be set and how can I change it?
Apart from /etc/profile /etc/login .profile and .login where is
the $PATH set?
I am uncomfortable with the inclusion of the home/bin directory and would
like to be able to disable it for these types of session.
I am more uncomfortable with not knowing what the path is going to be.

--kit