Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 2010 22:05:20 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?B?VmxhZGltaXIgJ8+GLWNvZGVyL3BoY29kZXInIFNlcmJpbmVua28=?= <phcoder@gmail.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        soc-status@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-mips@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Yeeloong status report

--------------enig68610F2BD37F6C670F724577

On 07/20/2010 09:45 PM, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <4C45F55F.5000507@gmail.com>
>             Vladimir '=CF=86-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <phcoder@gmail.c=
om> writes:
> : Hello. Thanks to help from my mentor I was able to buildworld for
> : yeeloong.
>
> Cool!
>
>  =20
Thanks
> : The current problem is that for some obscure reason I'm
> : figuring out no 32-bit imgact was compiled. So no it fails with error=
 8
> : on launching init.
>
> 8 is ENOEXEC or exec format error...
>  =20
Yes, I know :(
> : On bright side now it communicates with bootloader
> : and so detects 256 Mib of memory (using whole 1GiB is another problem=

> : due to architecture).
>
> Cool!  There's code in the octeon port to deal with memory above
> 512MB.  Is this memory just mapped in an odd location, or is there
> some other reason...
>
>  =20
Just not got around to look into it. Spec mentions the need to configure
special windows for it.
> : AT keyboard attaches but has problems due to
> : interrupt routing.
>
> Those are always fun :)
>
>  =20
Yes, I'm trying to get to Lemote guys for that info.
> : I'm currently trying to figure out imgact and how to
> : use genfb with my sm712 driver. Next steps will be figuring out the
> : cache problems and writing more device drivers
>
> I'll be around on IRC if you nee me :)
>
>  =20
A thing I don't understand is that it seems that driver uses genfb. That
seems weird. Why not genfb would automatically attach to any gfx driver
available? Would save sizeable amount of code in long run.
> Warner
>  =20

--=20
Regards