Date:      Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:30:27 +0300
From:      Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        Kip Macy <kmacy@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: threads/126950: rtld malloc is thread-unsafe

--cUq9BFDytUJq8bQY

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:10:05PM +0000, Kip Macy wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR threads/126950; it has been noted by G=
NATS.
>=20
> From: "Kip Macy" <kmacy@freebsd.org>
> To: "Oleg Dolgov" <agile@sunbay.com>
> Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: threads/126950: rtld malloc is thread-unsafe
> Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:41:59 -0700
>=20
>  I think the real solution is to serialize calls to dlopen. Please
>  consider submitting a patch for that.

dlopen()/dlclose() need to call initializers/finalizers for dso and its
dependencies. These code may recurse into the rtld, either by symbol
resolution, or by calling dl*(). I tried to somewhat work around this
in the patch, referenced as a prerequisite.

--cUq9BFDytUJq8bQY

--cUq9BFDytUJq8bQY--