Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 1995 03:48:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      -=WireHead=- <timothy.butkiewicz@wmich.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Security check

Hello,

I just installed 2.1.0 snap a couple of days ago and i have just run
across a peculiar message.

i logged into my system as my normal user and then switched over to
another virtual terminal and logged in as that same user. On the screen i
recieved a message
	Security Check: INTRUDER ALERT

this prompted my immediate attention.

1) what does this mean?

2) i type w and got a listing of those logged in and things seemed o.k.

as of yet i have n extra measures set up to inhibit intruders...so i
think tjis was a message sent by FreeBSD itself.

any comments and help with this would be greatly appreciated.

-Timothy

--Is It Live .. or Is It Mimecon--

|Feed the NOiSe in2 the .SYS                                fone: 616.349.8044|
|Please end destructive                                     fax : 616.373.6680|
|       nuclear testing                          http://arbornet.org/~wirehead|
| ! PGP Key available upon request. !             eMail:X93BUTKIEWIC@wmich.edu|