Date:      Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:49:40 +0800
From:      Ganbold <ganbold@micom.mng.net>
To:        Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>
Cc:        jfv@freebsd.org, "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Stable List <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: MFC of em/igb drivers

Jack Vogel wrote:
> I got the new drivers in Friday afternoon for those that don't see CVS
> messages.
>
> The igb driver is for 82575 and 82576 adapters, it has multiqueue support and
> MSIX, there will be more server type enhancements in that driver as I get the
> time.
>
> The em driver now will be client oriented, the latest hardware support however
> is for 82574, Hartwell, which is a really nice low cost PCIE dual-port adapter,
> that actually also has MSIX. This first released support for it will
> use 3 interrupt
> vectors, one for TX, one for RX, and Link. The hardware actually supports 5
> vectors, so I am planning to add support for another RX and TX queue as my
> schedule allows.
>
> Hartwell is also the first adapter that has IEEE 1588 PTP support, the driver
> provides init and an ioctl interface to use that facility, I hope we
> see software
> support follow on soon. This is an early announcement, I am not sure on
> exact dates for availability but they should be soon.
>
> As ever, issues and bugs should be sent to me. Cheers everyone!
>
> Jack

Jack,

I have Intel Gigabit card and FreeBSD-7.0-STABLE recognizes it as following:
em0@pci0:0:25:0:        class=0x020000 card=0x2800103c chip=0x104a8086
rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = '82566DM Gigabit Network Connection'
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet
# uname -an
FreeBSD test.ub.mng.net 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #0: Thu Jun  5
11:12:34 ULAT 2008
tsgan@test.ub.mng.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FIREWALL  i386

It has some problem, 1000baseTX connection status almost never goes to
active in bridged mode, sometimes
it goes to active but then immediately it goes to no carrier. (The other
end is Cisco4507R, Gigabit Ethernet port)
em0: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0
mtu 1500
    options=198<VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM,TSO4>
    ether 00:0f:fe:82:23:db
    media: Ethernet 1000baseTX <full-duplex> (autoselect)
    status: no carrier

Any idea how to solve this issue?

thanks,

Ganbold