Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:34:04 +0200
From:      "Vladimir Terziev" <vladimirt@rila.bg>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange FTPD behavior

	I run FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE machine. I use ftpd for ftp server daemon. It has
very strange behavior with one of user accounts on my machine. Every one user
account on my machine can access it via ftp, exept this account, let call it
ttt. The ttt is not in /etc/ftpusers file and it can access the machine via
ssh and telnet, but with ftp it can't! The ftpd says "530 User ttt access
denied", as a replay of command "user ttt". I saw in the rfc, that 530 replay
code means "Not logged in", but the ftpd doesn't allow on ttt to supply its
credentials.
	My ftpd is not chroot -ed, if this is important!

	Any ideas?

		Vladimir