Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 22:07:42 +0100
From:      "Philip Reynolds" <phil@rfc-networks.ie>
To:        <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Embedded motherboards suitable for FreeBSD

Hi all,

I have searched through the archives and have found nothing like this, so I
decided to mail. I hope this hasn't been asked before. I want to find small
motherboard (266-500Mhz) that has three embedded NIC's, a serial interface
(or embedded VGA), support for Flash DOM and at least 32MB of onboard RAM,
and most importantly that will run FreeBSD.

What I've currently been looking at is the AR-B1550 on micropower.nl
(unfortunately with no serial ports or VGA), but is basically exactly what
we want.

An updated version is at:
http://www.acrosser.com/products/ar-b1550.htm

This is exactly what we want and is the perfect size. Unfortunately whether
or not FreeBSD is compatible with this is another question. I wonder if
anyone has any experience with these boards, or if anyone has any
alternative suggestions for motherboards which fit my criteria above.

Basically what I'm trying to build is an embedded firewall solution and
FreeBSD with ipfw/ipf is perfect for my needs. I'd prefer not to have to
down the Linux route, but I need guarantees I can get FreeBSD working on
these, or another alternative.

Kind Regards,
--
Philip Reynolds <phil@rfc-networks.ie>