Date:      Mon, 19 Dec 1994 16:59:37 +0100 (MET)
From:      Victor Langeveld <Victor.Langeveld@mbfys.kun.nl>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   FreeBSD-2.0 and SunOS 4.1.3 NFS problem

Hi,

When I mount a nfs filesystem from a SunOS 4.1.3_U1 machine, the Sun comes with
messages like:
"NFS request from unprivileged port.
 nfs_server: weak authentication, source IP addres=blah blah"
Previously, I was able to use FreeBSD-1.1.5.1 without any problems of this
kind, using the same nfs-server, using the same setup (ip number).
Currently, I'm using the generic kernel that came with the install floppy.

  I'd appreciate any help,
    Vic.

--
   ,-_  | V.Langeveld, Medical Physics & Biophysics       | Tel:+31 80613356 |
  /() ) | CPK1/231,University of Nijmegen,The Netherlands | vic@mbfys.kun.nl |