Date:      Fri, 07 May 2004 16:41:17 +1200
From:      Drew Broadley <drew@corrupt.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ACPI Quirk with a Compaq Evo n800v

Hi,

Just having some funny issues with my Compaq Evo n800v running FreeBSD
5.2.1.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD taz.lan.corrupt.co.nz 5.2.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE #0:
Mon Feb 23 20:45:55 GMT 2004
root@wv1u.btc.adaptec.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Here goes:

I Boot with only the Primary Battery installed and a CD-RW DVD Rom (or
Secondary Battery, it does not matter in what sequence I boot) in the
multibay.

ACPI output's this:

    http://proj.corrupt.co.nz/LaptopXFree86/ACPI/hw.acpi.multibay.boot

I then proceed to remove the CD-RW and hotswap it with my Secondary
Multibay Battery and gnome2-2.6 now detects that I have 2 batteries
installed

ACPI output's this:

    http://proj.corrupt.co.nz/LaptopXFree86/ACPI/hw.acpi.multibay.battery

I then swap back to the Multibay CD-RW and then ACPI recognises I only
have a SINGLE battery installed.

ACPI output's this:

    http://proj.corrupt.co.nz/LaptopXFree86/ACPI/hw.acpi.multibay.cdrw

I then proceed to check the acpi output when there was nothing inthe
multibay

ACPI output's this:

    http://proj.corrupt.co.nz/LaptopXFree86/ACPI/hw.acpi.multibay.none

I also have a dmesg output hosted: