Date:      Mon, 12 May 2003 22:39:43 -0400
From:      Jim Arnold <jarnold@knightridder.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   netatalk: Mac or BSD problem

I've Googled and Googled on this one but have come up empty. I don't
know if this is a FreeBSD or Mac problem.

On my home network I have a Mac OS X box running 10.2.6 and two
FreeBSD boxes running 4.7 stable and netatalk-1.6.2,1.

Suddenly I cannot connect via Appleshare (afp or IP) to one of the
FreeBSD boxes. Whenever I do try to connect I am seeing this message
in the Mac console.log before I type in the login or pw:

kextload: extension
/System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/asp_tcp.kext is already loaded
kextload: extension
/System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/asp_atp.kext is already loaded
kextload: extension /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpfs.kext
is already loaded

When I do type in my login and password I get the evil spinning
beachball that will not go away without a force quit. All of this was
working fine for a few weeks after going to 10.2.6 on the Mac.

I'm still not certain where the problem is originating. I've
re-installed Netatalk and tried fixing permissions on the Mac. I have
no problems connecting to the other FBSD box.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Pleae CC me with any replies as I can
no longer subscribe to the list.

Thanks,
Jim