Date:      Sat, 04 May 2002 23:08:25 -0400
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        Vladimir Kushnir <vkushnir@alfacom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Divx Editors

On Saturday 04 May 2002 05:31 pm, you wrote:
> On Fri, 3 May 2002, Anish Mistry wrote:
>
> > On Friday 03 May 2002 05:52 pm, you wrote:
> > Ok, well I got it to configure, but it won't build.  Is there anything
else
> > did you do to get it to build?  The configure shows that nothing is
detected.
> > ---------
> >  DivX4linux decode   : no
> >  DivX4linux encode   : no
> >  Divx5 ?             : no
> >  Xvid                : no
> >  Mjpeg               : no
> >  Mpeg 1 & 2          : no
> >  Mad decoder         : no
> >  ESD                 : no
> >  Xv(overlay)         : no
> >  Lame                : no
> > ------- gmake error ----
> > ../avi_vars.h:13: #error xvid / divx4linux not found !! www.divx.com
> > www.xvid.org
>  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This is your friend (and mine, of course :-) Actually, I'm
> using CVS version of xvid codec. It's got Makefile.freebsd now but I
> prefer Linux variant although it requires new nasm (nasm.sourceforge.net).
> Besides, it looks like in your case configure hasn't found a lot of
> things. Have you actually got them? I mean, mad, esd and so on? Mpeg1/2
> are of no concern now, avidemux uses libmpeg3. I've got it compiled after
> some tweaking but it results in... err... not very nice picture (and this
> is a gross understatement). If you've got all of those things - well,
> could you send me your config.log and exact command line you've issued to
> call configure?
>
> Regards,
> Vladimir
> --
> Vladimir Kushnir - vkushnir@Alfacom.net

I did get it to configure and build by setting the following enviornmental
variables:
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
LIBFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib

But now when I open an avi the program just segfaults.  I have tried the
normal and broken modes, and have tried to recompile without #define USE_UYUV
but I still get the same results.  I can view the files with aviplay just
fine.  I have emailed to author with a description of the problem.

Thanks,
--
Anish Mistry