Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2001 22:01:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      carlo@vis.ethz.ch (Carlo Dapor)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   KSE: mount_msdosfs works again !!

Dear KSE guinnea-pigsters

The msdos partition mounts again under a KSE kernel.
I applied the diff file straight from Julian's home page, dated

-rw-r--r--   1 carlo    other     2532518 Sep  6 18:14 thediff

and its md5 check sum being.

MD5 (thediff) = 867c031f8b3d4278c8bb58db03e020ab

As usual, ccd, ncp and smbfs did not compile, but I don't use them.
Interestingly, the newly build kernel detects my xl NIC, but the 'normal'
kernel does not *shrug*.

My next step is to build a KSE kernel with gcc 3.0.1; I know what You are
going to say now:  why increase complexity ?  Don't worry, I won't post any
damage detection based on unsing the new gcc.  I am simply curious.

Ciao, derweil,
--
Carlo