Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 1999 19:07:26 -0000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Dru" <genisis@istar.ca>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Routing Question

Thanks for the interest Dru

Dougys news of the day

I installed Win98 on a different machine (AMD K6-2/300 96Mb RAM) with MSIE5,
Netmeeting & the special version of ICQ for Netmeeting and guess what .....
ICQ worked immediately !!!!!

Apparently the existence of Netmeeting gets around all that messy (and
apparently unreliable) SOCKS stuff. I also installed the MSN Messenger
application which proved to be infinitely faster than ICQ has ever been and
it does effectively the same job ..... so now I have an alternative for
those times when ICQ acts up. Actually ICQ works acceptably well most of the
time here, but one wouldn't want to rely on it to be functioning all the
time as it seems to get a congestion problem occasionally that makes it
unusable.