Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:36:52 -0500
From:      Chip Marshall <chip@setzer.chocobo.cx>
To:        Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Soundserver without X ?

On February 13, 2001, Heiko Recktenwald sent me the following:
> Hi, two mpg123 and one soundcard, is this (today or in the making)  also
> possible without enlightment or whatever X ?

Well, if you have a soundcard with a hardware mixer, you can do it no
problem (I think the FreeBSD drivers support multiple dsp devices for
cards with hardware mixers, but I'm not sure. If they don't, you can
use the OSS drivers (for a price.)) If not, I think you can use esound
anyway, I don't think it requires X to be running.

Again, I'm not to sure about this, I'm sure someone will flame me if
I'm wrong :)

--
Chip Marshall <chip@chocobo.cx> http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/ Finger for PGP
GCM/CS d+(-) s+:++ a19>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N+@ o K- w O M+ V--