Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 2014 13:00:55 +0200
From:      Schaich Alonso <alonsoschaich@fastmail.fm>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [9.2-STABLE/CLANG 3.3|3.4] x11/kdelibs4

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 08:10:14 +0200
"O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I run on a 9.2-STABLE box since a couple of weeks for now always into
> the same problem. The port x11/kdelibs4 has been updated or needs to be
> recompiled but the compiling process gets stuck forever (now I let the
> system being stuck over night ~ 12 hours). I think this isn't correct
> and I try to find out what is the cause since I desperately need to
> update ports relying on x11/kdelibs4.
>
> The process ends up always at 98%, see below. I already completely
> deinstalled the port and let the portmaster update process recreate it,
> but it is the same status at the end.
>
> Regards and thank you,
>
> Oliver

Can you check the output of
# ps daux
for a hierarchial list of running processes when the build process starts
hanging (i.e. find out what process cmake is waiting to finish)?

Next, could you check whether this also happens if you build kdelibs with gcc?

As a wild guess this could be a race condition, then disabling
multi-processor build (by writing "MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes"
into /etc/make.conf, or by using something like "make MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes
-C /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs4 deinstall clean build package reinstall clean"
instead of portmaster) would "fix" it for you.

Alonso