Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 12:27:09 PST
From:      "ku man" <kuman123@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CCD question (FreeBSD 3.0) - can't rewrite disk label

I am experimenting with CCD on FreeBSD 3.0 and encountered the following
error messages while trying to run "newfs":

newfs: ioctl (WDINFO): No such process
newfs: /dev/rccd0c: can't rewrite disk label

My /etc/ccd.conf is:
ccd0 0 0 /dev/wd0s3c /dev/wd2s1c

Once I created the CCD using ccdconfig -CV, I tried to create a new file
system.  Even though I have seen the above error messages, I am able to
mount and write to the CCD.

Are the above messages harmful?  I am just trying to concatenate two
partitions of different size.  Thanks for any hints.