Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 14:26:17 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Dekkers <psd@cgu.nl>
Subject:   How to quickly (anon)cvs from 3.0R to 3.1R?

Hi

I want to update my source-tree from time to time, so I won't have to do
an upgrade to keep my system up-2-date...

So I tried the following:
setenv CVSROOT anoncvs@anoncvs.freebsd.org
cvs update -rRELENG_3
but that didn't work at all - I had to go to /usr/src/bin first to let it
work, so I assume only /usr/src/bin is updated now?
Finnaly I don't understand it at all:
If I want to synchronise, and if possible with the most efficient bandwith
usage, what command do I have to give? (I want to do it manually if
possible... so once in a month or something...)

And after downloading the stuff, what do I have to do then? When doing an
upgrade, is it possible NOT to loose /etc (and /usr/local/etc?) or do I
always have to keep an backup and put it back in place after the update?

Thank you if you want to help me,
I really don't know how to do it, and I already read synchronise.html or
something, and current.html from the diary, and... I don't know, I thought
I need anoncvs, and then I don't cvsup at all, do I?
Well... thank you in advance :-)

Paul

--
Paul Dekkers