Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 14:02:48 -0700
From:      "Morgan Davis" <mdavis@cts.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD v4.1R on laptops

Does this confirm that you cannot boot 4.1R installation floppies on a
laptop and do a network installation using a 3Com 3C589D?  I have not been
able to do this at all with 4.x, but had no problems with 3.x.  Under 4.x,
there is no ethernet device detected (no zp or whatever it is called now).
Any suggestions, other than installing from CD or PLIP?

--Morgan