Date:      24 Jul 2002 16:50:10 -0500
From:      Rob Hughes <rob@robhughes.com>
To:        Freebsd-stable <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Device pcm causes hard lock

--=-WJdtmNCp8exfRP+KebLE

I decided I wanted sound on my Toshiba 5005, so I added device pcm to
the kernel config. Now, at boot, I receive the message

pcm0: <Intel 82801BA (ICH2)> at device 31.5 on pci0
pcm0: unable to map IO port space
device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 returned 6

Very quickly after that, I get a hard lock, no break to debugger,
nothing. Ideas?

Thanks
Rob
--=20