Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:59:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Tim Zingelman <zingelman@fnal.gov>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make release broken with too many ports/distfiles...

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, jack wrote:
> Today David O'Brien wrote:
> > How did you even get all (or most of) the distfiles in the chroot'ed
> > /usr/ports/distfiles?
>
> If you don't figure out what distfiles are needed for
> docproj-{whatever}, relocate them, and set this:
> DOCDISTFILES?=  ${.CURDIR}/../../ports/distfiles
>
> cp -rp ${DOCDISTFILES} ${CHROOTDIR}/usr/ports/distfiles
>
> will copy _every_ file, and subdirectory, you have in
> /usr/ports/distfiles.

Just to be sure this is clear, the above referenced 'cp -rp ...'
is in /usr/src/release/Makefile.

So the quick answer is figure out what subset of distfiles I need, put
them someplace other than /usr/ports/distfiles & set DOCDISTFILES.

Has anyone made this list of needed distfiles for a release build?

Thanks,

  - Tim