Date:      Thu, 06 Dec 2007 21:09:25 +0000
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/database/ruby-dbi and ports/database/ruby-dbd_pg faulty.

Hello.

I try to use DBI:Pg and DBI:MySQL within a ruby-skript for accessing
either MySQL or PostgreSQL database.

Box is FreeBSD 7.0-BETA4
Mysql is mysql50-server
Postgresql is posgresql82-server and postgresql82-client
with unixODBC and ruby-dbi and ruby-dbd_pg and ruby-dbd_mysql installed.

When running an access using Pg as backend (Postgres) and run this
connect:

dsn   = "DBI:Pg:dbname=#{@db};host=#{@db_host};port=#{@db_port}"

dbh     = DBI.connect(dsn,@db_user,@db_passwd)

I get this error:

/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:344:in `load_driver': Could not
load driver (no such file to load -- postgres) (DBI::InterfaceError)
         from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:227:in
`_get_full_driver'
         from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:213:in `connect'

It seems that a class library 'postgres.rb' is missing, which is
included by Pg.rb located in /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/DBD/Pg/.

I did a find on my whole filesystem looking for 'postgres.rb' or
'postgres*' and did not find suitable. It seems this file is missing and
not been installed by the installation process via ports.

Is this a 'feature', or should I fill out a PR?

Oliver