Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 1997 08:53:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        Volker Freiburg <volker@neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual PPro & Bt848

> Volker Freiburg:
>  |Sounds good, this is one of the boards on my list. Has anybody got it to
>  |work with a S3 ViRGE card in directV mode?
>
> I have been running it on an S3 Virge/VX (STB Velocity 3D 4Meg VRAM) with
> XFree 3.2A and 3.3; good card and solid drivers.  Ken Stox has the same
> card.  I think Bernie's got a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 on his 486, which is
> an S3 Virge (DRAM-based).  So you've got company there.

Actualy mine is EDO based.. But I still have a few problems.. Mostly:

1. Flicker - (new problem). Now I have pretty bad flicker in X. Don't
really understand it because I think the refresh rate is 85 Hz. and I am
not interlaced and not exceeding the monitor specs.

2. Wincast will still ocasionaly hangs with IDE timeouts. By far not as
bad as before, but still happens.. BUT, I discovered something that might
have been causing me problems. I was IRQ sharing between my ethernet and
video card. I am trying to get a Digiboard so that I can free up some of
my IRQ's.

Bernie