Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:35:28 +0100
From:      Bachelier Vincent <vincent_bachelier@yahoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More info about usbd.conf please ?

Ok
I have a problem
When I connect my external hard drive I have the traditional info under dmesg

umass0: Genesys Logic USB TO IDE, rev 2.00/0.02, addr 2
da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <Maxtor 6 Y160P0 0811> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-0 device
da0: 1.000MB/s transfers
da0: 156334MB (320173056 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 19929C)

Well, with usbd.conf I can know umass0 with the ${DEVNAME}
here my usbd.conf

device "HddCombo"
        devname "umass[0-9]+"
        vendor 0x05e3
        product 0x0702
        attach "sleep 2; ln -sf /dev/$(/usr/local/bin/find_de ${DEVNAME})s1 /dev/hddcombo"
        detach "rm -f /dev/hddcombo"

The goal, When I connect my hdd, make a symlinks to the right daXsX node
ln -s /dev/da0s1 /dev/hddcombo (or da1 da2 if I have connect other hdd before)

find_de is a personal script that use dmesg to find my information
grep umass-sim0 (for umass0) => I obtain da0
But it's not a good solution

Is there somewhere Where I can obtain this information,
I call something like givemeinformation umass0 and I found da0 under

Ok, the solution exist ?

by using devd.conf, can I obtain this information when I connect my hdd
ok

thx for support

NB: I'm french, if you are too, talk me in french personaly, and keep english for the forum :d
See ya

--
Vincent Bachelier <vincent_bachelier@yahoo.fr>
Societe : Solintech