Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 04:07:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, mark@smlab.com
Subject:   Re: keeping lots of systems all the same...

> Figure 32MB RAM for FreeBSD & X, 64MB for Netscape, and 64MB for StarOffice.
> If you want to run both Netscape and StarOffice at the same time, 128MB
> isn't enough.  Sigh.

Yup...  I noticed that 64MB might be a little short when I set one of
these up earlier today.  :(  I think I'll do 128 for now, since the price
difference gets absorbed fairly easily into the total cost.

> Good luck, and write an article about it when you're done.  DaemonNews would
> be happy to publish it.  ;^)

I may just do that.  A real-world commercial FreeBSD success story could
be good for PR.  Although I have a soft spot in my heart for Linux, I
prefer to use FBSD for "important" stuff, and it's about time that it gets
some more good press...  Due to the fact that this project is for a
medical lab that's subject to the upcoming HIPAA regulations (check out
www.hcfa.gov) and Medicare compliance policies, there's a lot to be said
there about how FBSD handles the security aspects of this whole
thing as compared to Redmond products...   :)

--mike