Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:44:08 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: slapd dumping core with today's current.

Daniel Eischen wrote:
> That's kind of the point of adding the fields that we did
> (mc_len, mc_fpformat).  They can be used to help validate
> the contents and to allow extensions.  We also have some
> spare slots, but the last incarnation of ucontext_t also
> had spare slots and it wasn't nearly enough for what we
> now need.

I was thinking more along the lines of:

	struct extend {
		struct extend	*next;		/* Next extension in list */
		int32_t		id;		/* extension ID */
		char		crap[1];	/* extension specific data */
	};

And then adding:

		struct extend	*extensions;

Yeah, if it's non-NULL, it means a linear list traversal to find
relevent extensions, but that's better than non-working.

String-to-id translation is a seperate function, and can also use
a linear list traversal to find the string, get an ID back, and
then subsequqnetly use the ID.  Yeah, it's an extra contents
dereference, but it's better than non-working.

-- Terry