Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 13:44:56 -0600
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@webwizard.org.mx>
To:        FreeBSD-Current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IBM Netfinity 3500

I am trying to install current on an IBM Netfinity 3500 PII-266 with
everything on the motherboard. Adaptec SCSI, sound and an fxp 10/100
ethernet.  Sounds good and everything works until I try to do an
ifconfig to set up the fxp0 interface.  I can list it , change the
media, change mediaopt but when I put

# ifconfig fxp0 inet myip netmask mymask

and hit return, it dies.  I don't even get to see my carriage return
:-)  I'm stumped.  I even disabled it with BIOS and put a physical card
in and it did the same.

Thanks for any suggestions.

ed