Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 20:48:47 -0500
From:      "Tom Broome" <tbroomes@surfsouth.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   freebsd

Hello,
I'm looking for a replacement for my RH 6.2 kernel 2.2.14 firewall to
something that is statefull. I'm looking to upgrade my current kernel or
not. I hear that freebsd is the "rock solid" linux distro. I'm not extremely
versed in linux yet. Is what I'm doing with my box now is: firewall, ip
masq, and squid proxy for about 1000 machines.
Does freebsd support the new 2.4 kernel for statefull firewalls? Any more
information about freebsd would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time
Tom

Tom Broome
Network Administrator