Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 1996 23:02:32 -0700
From:      Gary Bond <gbond@gulf.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Page faults and memory types

I tried to install FreeBSD 2.1.0  with 16MB of 60 ns RAM in my machine
and I got numerous error messages relating to page faults. I put back in
my 8MB SIMM 70ns and it installed just fine. The mmanufacturer of the
memory said that the memory may be bad so they replaced it. The new 60ns
SiMMs work greta under Win and DOS but still page fault under BSD but
not
LINUX ????

Any ideas on what to do??  Does FreeBSD not read above 8MB for some
reason??  Stumped in Florida.

gary