Date:      Tue,  8 Jan 2002 17:03:42 +0100 (CET)
From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc:        sf@freebsd.org, andreas@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/33703: crossfire-0.94.3 crashes often on encountering "etheral" enemies

>Number:         33703
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       crossfire-0.94.3 crashes often on encountering "etheral" enemies
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD qonos.empire.trek.org 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #6: Thu Oct 18 12:11:06 CEST 2001 root@atrbg11.informatik.tu-muenchen.de:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ATRBG11 i386

  crossfire crashes reproducable, if the hero encounters
  ghost-like enemies, like "ghosts", "wraiths" and such.
  sometimes it prints out something like a cf-stack trace.
  as it catches the SEGV, no core is produced.
  I used to play this game before, don't recall the version
  then, though. I never had this problem at that time.
  Anyway, there seem to be a 1.0x version released, maybe
  its time just to update the port and will work
  happy again?
>How-To-Repeat:
  install /usr/ports/games/crossfire; build a character and
  start playing. Encounter a ghost, and do some damage to it
  (just seeing it does no harm), the game will then crash.
>Fix:

 Don't know, but maybe updating can help.
 I guess its a bug in the game, not FreeBSD...