Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2003 17:10:40 +0000
From:      Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail, Spam Assassin, and Procmail

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 11:57:16AM -0500, Justin P. Michel wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I can't seem to get the procmailrc correct.  What I would like to do, is
> have all mail that Spam Assassin tags as spam, to be put into a separate
> account called 'bulkmail'.  I've created this account, and made sure that
> the mailbox 'bulkmail' exists in '/var/mail'.  Spam Assassin is tagging the
> e-mail properly, however, it's still being sent out to the clients.  Below
> is my 'procmailrc' file. If someone can suggest a better one that works,
> please do! :)
>
> PROCMAILRC START
> :0fw
> | spamassassin -P
>
> :0:
> | sendmail bulkmail
> PROCMAILRC END

Try this:

 :0
 ! bulkmail@yourhost

Use "!" instead of "|" to pipe the message to a mailer.  Let procmail
figure out how to handle sending the mail.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \